Tuesday, April 15, 2008

TAX DAY

The wind has been horrible today. Not a good day to be out, especially for someone with allergies. Thankfully I don't have allergies!! I remowed my lawn today because the dandelions are taking over. The weathermen are forecasting warm weather, possibly in the 80's, for the week-end. Everyone is ready for nice weather.

Had to get the oil changed in my car this morning. I was waiting at 7:00 AM when they opened for business. I was the first one in line and was back home by 7:45 AM. That is something else I have had to take over since I became a widow. Women don't realize how much their husbands do until after they are gone. I ran several errands today. It seems there is always something to do.

I took care of paying my taxes earlier in the month, so I didn't have to rush around to get them in the mail today, the 15th. I bet there are a lot of procrastinators that will be lined up at the post office at 12:00 AM, just in time for the deadline. My next door neighbor is a CPA and has been working long hours since January. It ends tonight for her.

I love spur-of-the-moment activities and a neighbor asked me to go to dinner at a chinese restaurant unexpectantly. I just returned and I am so uncomfortable from overeating. That is what buffets are good for, you want a taste of everything, so you always overeat.

I walked only 1 mile today at the mall. I had good intentions to go back this evening, but now I am too full to walk. It is a good TV night, American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, and Boston Legal.

No comments: