Friday, April 11, 2008

MY FRIEND'S BIRTHDAY

Today is a big birthday for my friend Judy. We e-mailed each other today and remembered when our husbands worked together and we were all so young and full of it. Times have changed for both of us, both husbands are deceased and, therefore, our lives have changed drastically. Her sister and brother-in-law from Kansas are flying into the Guthrie Airport tomorrow to spend the day with her. She will meet them at the airport. Her only child, Rob, called and sent her a card. He and his family live in Broken Arrow, OK. She is to attend a club's cookout tonight and said since it was her birthday, she would bring the cake. Have fun Judy!!
My son and his fiancee and I just returned from eating at the Oklahoma Station Barbecue. It is always good and tonight was no exception. I appreciate them including me in their lives. Kelly is becoming a dear friend to me and we e-mail jokes back and forth. I am glad she has come into my son's life.
I just talked to my friend, Geneva. Today she and her two sisters-in-law had a full massage. She said it was so relaxing and enjoyable. It made her aches and pains more bearable. She plans to go back in the future. She felt like she had died and gone to heaven when it was all over. I have never had a massage, but I think it would feel heavenly to have your neck and back massaged. I would probably fall asleep.
I didn't do errands today but walked the mall for forty minutes, 2 miles. Tomorrow is another day. I have all the time in the world to do errands, if not tomorrow, whenever!! My life has never been so filled, even when I was married. Of course, I do get lonely at times, but something usually comes up with family or friends to fill the void.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comments in your blog today. I feel the very same way about you! Thank you for friendship and kindness and for referring to me as Keith's fiancee! I enjoy your company and all the fun and laughter so much!