Tuesday, April 22, 2008

EARTH DAY

I didn't plant a tree or ride a bike today, but I am aware that each of us need to do more to LIVE GREEN to reduce our impact on the environment. Several of my newspaper comics went green today and there has been a lot of coverage on TV and the newspapers have covered Earth Day with several stories. I did plant several flowers and had my hands in the earth today, but there is so much more I need to start thinking about in the future, for the future.

I did finish watching the DVD "Juno" last night. I can't say I really liked it, and I wouldn't recommend it as a favorite of mine, but you have to see it and judge it yourself. I watched Dancing With the Stars and The Bachelor last night and tonight I will watch Dancing With the Stars, American Idol, and Boston Legal.

Geneva and I have talked several times on the telephone today making plans for our trip to Tunica, MS. We change our minds constantly on what to wear and what to pack for the trip.
Having a close friend like Geneva has been so comforting to me. When either of us feels lonely, we just pick up the telephone and call or e-mail. We confide in each other and almost know what the other one is going to say before she says it. Everyone needs friends and I have several.

I had good news and bad news yesterday. The good news is my son, Scott, got to remove the medical boot that he has been wearing after having the cast removed from his broken ankle. He can now starting driving and once again become independent and self-reliant. The bad news is my granddaughter, Rayna, found out that she has to have knee surgery. She has had pain
several months and had continued to play volleyball on an organized team. It has finally been decided surgery is needed. No date for surgery has been set as of this writing.



No comments: