Wednesday, May 7, 2008

WEDNESDAY - WEEK HALF OVER

I haven't had anything to post on my blog since my exciting Saturday.

My walking is something I now am addicted to and won't miss no matter what. I either walk outdoors with a neighbor or go to the mall and walk alone. Even though it was pouring down rain today, I went to the mall and walked two miles.

Monday was a fun day because I went to Guthrie with Geneva to get the oil changed in her Trailblazer. Geneva has mentioned many times to me how much she would like to have a HUMMER. Would you believe the dealership had a yellow Hummer 3 on the lot, and, of course, we had to go look at it and sit in it. We know the salesman was laughing at us because we get in and the alarm goes off and in trying to turn the alarm off, the horn starts blaring. Geneva figured out how to stop all the alarms and we were laughing knowing the whole dealership thought it funny that two (middle aged) women were thinking about purchasing a Hummer. The salesman wanted Geneva to take it for a drive, but she decided not to. He made her a great deal that was hard to refuse, but sensibility took over and she knew with the price of gasoline, the price of repairs and parts, that it would be crazy to trade for it. Her Trailblazer has only 12,000 miles, but, as she said, she likes change and she also does not want to start having car repairs. After we left the dealership we went to Granny's Restaurant and had the most delicious buffet. If you are ever in Guthrie, you need to eat there. It is only open on Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Everything tastes like homecooking. The coconut creme pie was out of this world. I wish I had a slice right this minute. Geneva and I always have fun and a lot of laughs whenever we are together.

The Village and surrounding areas were once again in the direct line of a tornado this afternoon around 5:00 pm. The sirens were sounding and that is my clue to take precautions. I always get in an inside closet. I feel this is the safest place in my house. I take my cordless telephone and several people called me inquiring about my safety while I was in the closet. Thanks to all who read this blog and know you were one of the people who called me. The storm passed with little or no damage. A neighbor's tree split and fell and he had to remove it from his driveway before he could park in his driveway.

I was cooking for the first time in a long time when the storm suddenly came up. I had to turn off the oven, microwave, and tabletop stove before going to the closet. After the storm passed I finished cooking salmon patties, baked potato, and baked asparagus. If everytime I cook it storms, then I have a legitimate reason for not cooking.

Tomorrow is another volunteer day at the military museum. I am looking forward to seeing my new best friends.

No comments: