Tuesday, May 13, 2008

TUESDAY

I didn't post in my blog yesterday as the day was uneventful and I had nothing to write about. I feel like the days are passing me by!! I must find activities outside my home to keep me busy. I want to be an interesting person, and to be interested in everything happening around me. I have enjoyed my Saturday outings with my son and his fiancee, but I don't want to become a pest. They need to enjoy their weekends without me imposing on their time to be together. Kelly brought pizza (Canadian bacon and pineapple) to me last night and that was very thoughtful of her. She is always doing thoughtful things for others.

I have had the most enjoyable day. My grandson is home until Wednesday and he came and mowed for me this morning. There was an agenda behind his willingness to mow....I had to provide breakfast before he could get started. He did a good job on my yard and then went running through the neighborhood as part of his strength endurance for playing soccer. He will be back to visit me one more time tonight before he goes to Edmond to stay the night at his mother's. He plans to spend Wednesday night at OSU with a friend before driving on to Sterling, KS where he will be a senior in the fall. A very good kid!!! Ryan and his mother (my former daughter-in-law) brought me a beautiful outdoor planter and a variety of plants for Mother's Day. Janie has always done very nice things for me for every occasion. We have stayed close since she is the mother of my two wonderful grandchildren.

I enjoyed e-mailing with old and new friends today. I love meeting new people and look forward to their e-mails, if they have a computer. I was one of the last people to get a computer and now I don't know what I would do without one. I was up bright and early this morning hoping to have new e-mails awaiting me, but was disappointed to find none. Maybe tomorrow!! Some friends don't read their e-mails daily, but I am pouncing on each and everyone I receive. Maybe I need to get a life. It is also fun to instant message with buddies. I have only a few buddies who communicate in this manner.

The U. S. postage rose from .41 to .42 yesterday and I had forgotten all about it. I had letters to mail today and I just happened to see in the morning paper about the postage increase. I had to make a trip to the P.O. to buy new stamps. I had a choice of designs and chose the Purple Heart (The Medal for the Combat Wounded). I am becoming so patriotic and part of that patriotism is from now volunteering at the 45th Infantry Division Museum. When you hear the veterans telling their stories and see all the equipment that they had to fight with through the different wars, it makes you have compassion where you never gave it much thought before. I truly am glad to be an American.

Today was the Oklahoma County voting for several proposals, one being the Tinker Field/General Motors proposal. I hope I understood the proposal and marked my ballot accurately. There has been a lot of discussion about this and I even had a telephone call saying that General Burpee, former Commander at Tinker,was against this proposal and thought it was a waste of taxpayers money.

I had called my CPA concerning the stimulus rebate and he returned my call today and assures me that I am to get the $600.00 allocated for a single taxpayer. There is so much confusion with this rebate. All my friends think I am to get $300.00, being a retired taxpayer. We will see.

I hope to have more to write about in the next posting.

No comments: