Saturday, March 22, 2008

SATURDAY BEFORE EASTER

Today has been very enjoyable. Conversed with friends and relatives via e-mails and instant messaging.

My best friend, Geneva, returned yesterday from a Spring Break trip to New York City. She and her daughter, Susie, had a marvelous time while there. They went to the Broadway show, Jersey Boys, and Geneva said the music was very nostalgic. She said she thought I would have enjoyed the show also. Geneva brought back to me a beautiful gold chain necklace and a NYC souvenir spoon for my spoon collection. Someday maybe I will visit NYC. Geneva invited me for lunch and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing all about her trip.

After leaving Geneva's condo I went to the mall and walked. It is very invigorating and I saw a friend, Lucille, there and we walked together. It isn't as boring with a fellow walker.

I came home from walking at the mall and a neighbor lady and good friend, Lorene, and I walked her dog in our neighborhood. The dog tired out before we did, so we took the dog home and continued on our walk. I enjoy living in my neighborhood very much and in September, it will be 40 years ago that we purchased our home and moved in.

I have enjoyed being outdoors on this Spring day.

No comments: