Saturday, March 22, 2008

ROSE STATE TRAIN SHOW

On March 15th I set-up at the Rose State Model Railroad Meet. I have Santa Fe Railroad memorabilia that my late husband collected for many years. I have been attending several train shows here in Oklahoma and always have such fun. I have met so many interesting men who belong to the Comrail (HO) Club. They have always been so helpful in unloading and loading my car the day of the show.

March 16th I went to the Crossroad's Mall to see the Oklahoma N-Rail Model Train Club's layout that is open to the public to view. If at all possible, you should visit them on Saturdays and Sundays. A member of the club is there to explain and show you the layout and the club loves to have visitors.

The next train show I might set-up at is in Stillwater, OK in June. It is at the Payne County Fairgrounds on the east side of Stillwater.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a train lover. Do you have to be a retired member of the railroad to be associated with the group? Is this a nationwide group or only in your town? Do you know how to contact them to see if there is a group close to my town? I live in Colorado around the Aspen area. Thanks for any help or information you have.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous,

You do not have to be a retired railroad member.

I do not know who to contact to find a group near you, but you might try Oklahoma N-rail.com

Thank you for your comment. I, too, am a train lover.