Thursday, March 27, 2008

DAY BEFORE FRIDAY

This has been a busy day for me just doing what is necessary to maintain a home.

I raked prickly balls that had fallen from my neighbor's sweetgum tree on to my property. They are the messiest tree and we had planted one, but after becoming a widow, I decided to eliminate anything that wasn't necessary to maintain. The first thing I did was to have that sweetgum tree removed.

The air conditioning company came and serviced my air conditioner. Everything is ready for the hot summer months. Today it has been warm enough to switch on the a/c, but I will hold off for a few more days.

I uncovered my faucets and dragged the garden hose around to the front and hooked it up so I can start watering my flowers. While I was watering the flower bed I sprayed the front windows and shutters. They were covered in Oklahoma red dirt and sand.

I picked up my finished income taxes from my CPA and, as usual, I have to pay additional taxes. I have to pay additional estimated taxes also. I have a few days until April 15th to fret over paying them. My late husband always handled the taxes so this has been a learning experience for me.

Of course the day wouldn't be complete without my daily walks. Walked in neighborhood and also in the mall.

Today I received very interesting e-mails from my son's girlfriend, Kelly. She is very thoughtful and considerate of me.

No comments: