Thursday, June 12, 2008

GRANDDAUGHTER'S SURGERY AND DAY AT MUSEUM

Yesterday was a sad day for me because my only granddaughter had knee surgery and grandmothers only want the best for their grandchildren. Rayna had pain in her knee for several months and it was finally determined, after a MRI, that surgery was needed. Her mom, best girlfriend, her father, her father's fiancee, and me were there to console and comfort her. She went into surgery bravely, but the pain was so intense after surgery, she became hysterical and only a mom's comforting words and a pain reducing injection could calm her down. The doctor's findings during surgery was not as bad as was expected. Within a few days Rayna should feel like new. After she was placed into a second recovery room, some time after the surgery, she was in less pain and asked for her make-up. The nurse said Rayna was the first person that she knew of that applied make-up while in recovery. There must have been a cute, cool male attendant!!!! Rayna instant messaged me today and said she felt much better. That was good news to a grandmother's ears.

Friendship means so much to me and my new friends at the museum bring me much joy and satisfaction. The four or five hours I volunteer on Thursday are some of the best hours of my week. Today was no exception. I treated the guys with a cake and brownies and they are always appreciative. There were fewer visitors today, but the visitors we had were history buffs and were very interested in learning about the museum. It seems most of the younger people are there because their fathers or grandfathers served in the 45th Infantry Division. Today we had visitors from Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas, Missouri, Louisana, and Oklahoma. I worked in the gift shop and had one good sale to a lady from Pennsylvania. I have a whole week before I go back, but I am already looking forward to it.

Geneva came visiting right after I got home from the museum. I always enjoy having her. We telephone each other one or more times each day, but rarely see each other. Geneva is a fun and thoughtful person and today she surprised me with a delicious bag of popcorn and a chocolate candy bar. She knows I have to have my chocolate fix each day. I miss having her as a close neighbor.

This Oklahoma wind is driving us all crazy. It doesn't do any good to even comb your hair. I needed to mow my backyard this evening but decided to stay in out of the wind. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to get out and mow.

We are looking forward to Ryan coming home from Sterling tomorrow for the weekend. His girlfriend is a bridesmaid in a wedding to be held on Saturday in Harrah, OK, so he got a chance to ride to OKC with her. He will stay with either his dad, mom, or with me. We all enjoy him so much. He is never any trouble and it is a joy to have him home, if only for a weekend.

It is 8:26 pm and I plan to go to bed early tonight. I went to bed at 12 midnight last night and got up this morning at 5:45 am. I am feeling the need for some rest and relaxation. I have not read the daily paper or have not watched my recorded TV shows (Regis and Kelly and The View). Now that I have finished this posting, I am headed for my comfortable lounge chair and relax. I will probably fall asleep soon after getting comfortable. I have been on the go all day. I hope I stay awake long enough to watch my recorded TV shows.

No comments: